Friday, July 4, 2014

Step out of the cannabis closet... and try going green.

We live in a world filled of prescription medication for everything. You can't sleep, there are five kinds of various medications to possibly help you sleep and with what side effects. When you listen to those commercials on television and hear the what seems endless litany of things that can go wrong with you, just to get a night sleep. Don't get me wrong, I suffer from insomnia too but with possible side effects like diarrhea and migraines it doesn't sound worth it to me. I am not trying to make fun of this, it's actually sad to see our societies taking pills to fix all our problems. I believe in medication. I just question the need for fixing everything. We have become such a prescription nation, but here  in the cannabis industry  I see people wanting a better alternative to prescription drugs. I see patients wanting to be able to eat a medicated cookie or vaporize or even better in my opinion drink a shot of raw cannabis juice instead of taking a pill for depression, anxiety, insomnia, PT SD and and many other problems. I hear patients over and over tell me at the dispensary I work at,  "I cannot believe it how well cannabis works for me, it is amazing" And there are so many patients with chronic illness where no medications seem to relieve their terrible symptoms, yet they can find relief with using cannabis. There are many people, doctors included, that believe cannabis should be used  only for those dying or those with chronic issues only. Yes, I agree but I also believe people with nausea, depression, diabetes, MS. PT SD should also have that right. I believe with my heart that when we finally legalize cannabis then and only then will we be able to study and learn how cannabis and its amazing properties can help people with so many aliments. And with side effects, of dry mouth, hunger and red eyes, all which can lesson over time of use. And No one has ever died from over dosing on cannabis. No one.
So why are so many people going green? Here in California its a great options for people who can get a doctor to recommend cannabis to their patients for their illnesses. In cannabis dispensary patients have so many options on how to use cannabis. It is no longer the day of smoking a doobie. Not that a patient can't but, now there are tropical, edibles, dried cannabis flowers, concentrates of hashish and very refined top grade high concentrated oil and cannabis waxes. It is amazing to hear all the stories, and see all the patients that return for a little  more medicine.
With medical marijuana states almost tipping the balance of legal use states verses not, more and more people are wanting and willing to give cannabis a try. and In my humble opinion should give it a try, with the recommendation of a doctor!
So keep reading about all the wonderful ways that cannabis has helped people for over 2000 years, and step OUT OF THAT CANNABIS CLOSET and try GOING with a little green.
PEace~

1 comment:

  1. What has been frustrating in this whole debate is that people are prejudiced against marijuana, without realizing that other prescription drugs are as bad or even worse when it comes to side effects. It's great that you have options available in your area, as every patient deserves the freedom to choose the treatment they think works for them. Thanks for sharing!

    Vincent Mehdizadeh @ Canna MedBox

    ReplyDelete